- Coursework in finance, microeconomics, and econometrics
- First-year summer paper
- Complete coursework
- Advance research with faculty co-authors
- Identify personal research interests
- Take preliminary exams
- Choose a primary advisor
- Propose dissertation at the end of year 3
- Begin teaching undergraduate courses
- Continue to advance own research and research with faculty co-authors
- Defend dissertation
Funding is available for up to five years, provided the student maintains satisfactory progress in the program. Funding beyond five years is up to the discretion of the department.
For more information, review our funding package.
For detailed descriptions of the courses, please visit Purdue’s online Course Catalog.
Graduates of Purdue’s Finance PhD program have gone on to secure placements at the following institutions:
- Australia National University
- Carnegie Mellon
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Florida State University
- Illinois State University
- Indiana University
- Nankai University
- The Ohio State University
- Pepperdine University
- Tilburg University
- The University of Arizona
- University of Dayton
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Michigan
About the Department
Contact us for more information.
Explore areas of research